Functional Dry Needling
What Is Functional Dry Needling?
Functional Dry Needling is a form of therapeutic treatment that involves inserting a filament needle into the muscle which produces pain and typically contains a “trigger point.”
Functional Dry Needling is an effective treatment for:
We have a certified Dry Needling clinician on staff that is ready to help you.
Functional Dry Needling can help with some of these conditions
Let’s answer some of your questions before you make the time to come in!
We want to make sure you’re ready and your time is used appropriately.
What to expect from Initial Evaluation
- Discuss the patient’s functional limitations.
- Evaluate impairments including, but not limited to, pain, strength, ROM, and balance.
- Discuss the patients and the therapist’s goals for aquatic therapy.
- Discuss benefits of aquatic therapy
- Give patients instructions on getting to the pool, what to wear, etc.
- May also give the patient a few land-based exercises to do as a HEP, if the patient has a flexibility issue or a severe strength deficiency.