What is Prosthetic Rehab?
Outpatient prosthetic rehabilitation helps individuals to adjust to an artificial limb or other external appliance. We aim to aid the individual to gain independence at the highest level they can and create an individualized exercise program to increase strength and normalize gait pattern.
Numerous Benefits Include:
Prosthetic Rehab can help with some of these conditions
Let’s answer some of your questions before you make the time to come in!
We want to make sure you’re ready and your time is used appropriately.
What to expect from Initial Evaluation
- Discuss the patient’s functional limitations.
- Evaluate impairments including, but not limited to, pain, strength, ROM, and balance.
- Discuss the patients and the therapist’s goals for aquatic therapy.
- Discuss benefits of aquatic therapy
- Give patients instructions on getting to the pool, what to wear, etc.
- May also give the patient a few land-based exercises to do as a HEP, if the patient has a flexibility issue or a severe strength deficiency.