What is Aquatic Therapy?
Physical therapy that takes place in a warm pool or other aquatic environments. Perfect for those who have difficulty with land-based therapy.
Numerous Benefits Include:
Aquatic Therapy can help with some of these conditions
Let’s answer some of your questions before you make the time to come in!
We want to make sure you’re ready and your time is used appropriately.
What to expect from Initial Evaluation
- Discuss the patient’s functional limitations.
- Evaluate impairments including, but not limited to, pain, strength, ROM, and balance.
- Discuss the patients and the therapist’s goals for aquatic therapy.
- Discuss benefits of aquatic therapy
- Give patients instructions on getting to the pool, what to wear, etc.
- May also give the patient a few land-based exercises to do as a HEP, if the patient has a flexibility issue or a severe strength deficiency.